Monday, December 2, 2013

The 12 Days of Christmas Faithbooking Challenge #5



WELCOME BACK!  If you missed verses 1-4, no worries!  You can easily catch-up (and that STILL includes me!!).  And…we have catching up from last week to do too since I did not post any of the challenges during my week off work.  Please look forward to seeing posts almost daily this week to catch-up! J

We've all heard this song growing up, but did you know each verse of the song also had a Biblical meaning? Over the next few weeks, we will be exploring the Biblical meanings of each verse of the song.  You can do your craft of choice, journal, scrapbook..….whatever you want to show what the verse and meaning means to you.  Each Sunday and Thursday for 6 weeks I will post the traditional verse, and its Biblical meaning. After the 6 weeks is over, you should have a beautiful reminder that you can share with your family and friends as to what the Biblical meanings are for "The 12 Days of Christmas"! (As a reminder, I found this information online at www.faith-sisters.blogspot.com and immediately knew it was the perfect accompaniment to the 6 week Christmas Experience study).  

Although participation in the 12 Days of Christmas Faithbooking Challenge isn’t necessary to be included the Expressions of Faith small group, I hope you will incorporate it somehow (crafting, journaling, scrapbooking, etc).  In a sense, it will become your testimonial of faith that will be a keepsake you will enjoy reflecting on often and sharing with others.

On the fifth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.

The "five golden rings" refers to the first Five Books of the Old Testament (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy), the "Pentateuch", which gives the history of man's fall from grace.

As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, I am STILL behind on my creations, and although I had last week off from work…I found preparing for Thanksgiving at my house kept me from working  in the craft room (bummer!!).  So…until I am able to catch up and post my creations, enjoy this example that was provided on
www.faith-sisters.blogspot.com

Blessing!!
~Stacy




No comments:

Post a Comment